Monday, November 18, 2013

We're Here!! (take two)

Yesterday I had the sad feeling when I realized our converter is not three prong friendly and so my dear laptop had no power source.  The hotel computer only let me type a title...so there you go. So now we have one and I can type once more.

So we are here!!! Jet lag is in full swing and I have been awake for about an hour and twenty minutes and it is currently almost 5am. The flight was pretty darn bumpy so I did not enjoy it, but as my sis said it was more side to side than up and down...so I guess I'll be thankful for that.  Let's hope the flight home is smoother or I will be one stressed mama! So far this trip has been wonderful and I am so, so thankful my twinnie and her hubby are here with us.

Little clothes in my suitcase
 
On our way!

happy

Future Auntie & Uncle
 
Leaving ....

....getting closer...

Yay....almost there!

Mt. Fuji
First night here we took the bus to our hotel's neighborhood, right near Insadong, which is where Keith and I stayed last summer.  It's close to Insadong and we loved it.  We met up with another adoptive family and they gave us a tour of the hotel, which is where we will be staying starting Wednesday. We met their son and he was too cute as he sat with both Krista and Matt to read books. So sweet! We walked around a bit and then ate dinner at the best BBQ place ever. Yum...and so happy we finally could take our family there!!!

Sunday was Matt's birthday and so that was fun. We went to an ice gallery, carved a block of ice into a glass (and drank out of it!), had lunch, and wandered around a neighborhood and beautiful park. In the evening, we went to the Seoul Lantern Festival along 청계천 Chonggyecheon Stream.  It was the last night and there were lots of people but we were glad to be there amongst the crowds of people.  We had dinner at a fried chicken restaurant and got ice cream at the little convenience store for Matt's birthday.
breathtaking!


At one point I saw a bunch of these...made me think of my family.

My favorite lanterns...Lotus motifs

twinnies!

um...how cute is my sis and her hubby?

  I have much more to write about but will end this post for today since it has taken me two days and we have done more stuff since all these fun events.  Yesterday, we met our Foster Mother, which was so very special.

5 comments:

  1. love that your sister and her hubs are there with you. what a special trip to enjoy together. i look forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! My favorite part is the tiny clothes in your suitcase-- so, so close!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't be happier for you, Kelli. Lots of love to you both as you meet your precious boy! He is so lucky to have you and Keith as parents. xoxo

    ReplyDelete