My boys are asleep but I want to quickly write down what I am feeling since I need to sleep too and we don't know what the night will bring. My boys..Keith and SeungHwan...I can hardly believe it. Today has been a happy and emotional day. There have been so many of those emotional days and this was our last tough one. So hard to say goodbye to SeungHwan's foster family. Halmoni, Foster Father, Foster Mom, and Foster Brother. Foster Mom is such a brave lady and she did so, so great. I tried really hard to hold back my tears as much as possible, which was hard. SeungHwan did so amazing and didn't cry when they left, but cried really hard when we got in the van to the US Embassy. That was hard. My heart breaks for him, and for when he cries for his family, especially his Foster Mom. I cry for her too because my heart hurts knowing she is missing him tonight.
The Visa appointment at the US Embassy lasted a whole 2 minutes if that! We were there from about 12:40-2:30 or so. There were 6 families there total, 5 from our agency and one from another. One family is from SF and are staying in the same hotel as us (and in the next room!!!). More happy tears when we were given his visa. Crazy to think that we are done with business here in Korea. We are officially a family.
So thankful my sister and her hubby are here with us, for so many reasons.....emotional well being, photographer, and take out delivery service! Love you both.
More to post later. Leaving you with a family photo.....!
 |
| The McMaster Family <3 |
Ahhhhhhh! Just in time for the holidays- your family isTOGETHER! I am so excited for you and the sweet memories you'll create in these first few weeks together! Wishing you all the best!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy about the holiday thing....I don't know if I could have handled another Christmas without. Thanks for sharing our excitement! oxo
DeleteI love this. Big hugs, mama.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love!
ReplyDelete