Wow...lots of happy things going on. Since my last post things seemed to have slowed down a bit (grrr) however, today there were more exciting things happening....EP (emigration permits) approvals!!!! This is what we have been waiting for and so this gives us hope SeungHwan's EP will be approved soon as well. This has been an incredibly hard and long wait since his papers were submitted to the government on May 31st. I am the most exhausted I have ever been on vacation and my emotions are definitely on high. I can't wait til we get a happy phone call. :) Hoping this will be my next post!
Tonight I watched our video clip of SeungHwan and cried tears just watching it. I haven't watched it recently. Sad to think of how much he has changed since February. Sadder still to think we have missed all of it and have only received one update since December. Even sadder?? We were notified we will not be receiving photos or progress reports for the next two months because the staff over at Eastern are working super hard on getting the paperwork ready for the ministry on their side. This totally sucks but you see, this "transition" has been hard for everyone. Thankful the staff is working hard so we can bring our children home soon. Sooner than later please. Please.
Time to get our EP approval and then wait for a court date!!! I will be crazy the next few days I am sure.
Speaking of crazy...please check this out!! This is so true and speaks volumes.
http://wondermentetc.com/2013/08/02/dear-friends-of-waiting-adoptive-moms-some-things-to-know-also-were-sorry/
In other news, I painted the next part of SeungHwan's nursery....a lovely blue (although not as purply as I was thinking of) but I know it will be great. I will post photos next time, much too tired to do it now. Time to finish the painting....goal: to have all painting done before next Wednesday when the carpets will be replaced. I have a lot to do between now and then, including get my classroom ready for kids and assessments on Monday. Crazy to think the end of summer is here and school is about to begin. So sad. I need another week of no responsibility and DL.
Shout out to my girl, B....so proud of you and congrats lovey!!!
Off to bed....too tired to type!! oxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope your phone call comes really soon. Hugs to you during this excruciating wait!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle!!!!!
DeleteExciting days are ahead! I cannot wait for your boy to be home with you! Random (or maybe not all that random)question--how do you pronounce your little guy's name? Every time I read it I feel like I am butchering it in my head- I always felt horrible as a teacher when I said a kid's name wrong... the pet peeve is now overlapping into my blog reading :)
ReplyDeleteum...so totally not random....I get asked this question ALL the time! :) But I'm right there with you on the name pronunciation...but it's tricky and I overthink it. I'd much rather people ask, try, and get it "muddled" than not ask and butcher it! I should put this in my next post. It's pronounced [SoongHwahn] :)
Delete