.....and honestly I can't even remember the exact words.....but it was something like this...
"Our paperwork was approved". Spoken in a very calm voice.
Instant happy tears and a slight feeling of disbelief which instantly vanished. I had to literally calm myself down from breaking into hysterics since I had 26 first graders behind me. They have no idea about our journey, so how could I turn around with tears coming down my face?! I texted the twin and got my kids ready for recess. The first person I told in person was one of my old students who asked me at recess if I had my baby yet. I told him and did a happy dance, I am pretty sure he a) had no idea what I was talking about exactly and b) thought I was temporarily insane.
Three days shy of 12 weeks we received the best news. Wednesday (Korea time).....81 days since SeungHwan's papers were submitted for EP (Emigration Permit/permission) approval. I am so stoked.
Next steps?
1. SeungHwan's paperwork will be submitted to court.
2. We receive a court date.
3. Travel to court.
Hoping we will be in Korea soon for court....one to two months ("hopefully" and with a "big, maybe.") It seems the wait for court submission is not too long, and the wait for a court date is a little longer. But as long as it isn't as long as the last wait, I will be pleased and will be as patient as I can. I am just so happy we are such a huge step closer to meeting our son!
Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!! I'm so excited for you- one step closer to having your family TOGETHER! So, so, so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so so much!!! It was the best thing to happen this week....hands down...!
DeleteThis is amazing news...Congratulations!!! Here's to hoping things move quickly and you'll be together as a family very soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks Janet!!
DeleteOMG, I'm so happy to read this! Super happy! I hope the process keeps rolling along (perhaps a bit faster and without so many hiccups as you've experienced). :)
ReplyDelete:0) I totally agree....a bit faster and not so many hiccups!!!!
DeleteYAY!!!! I hope the next wait is very short!
ReplyDeleteI am hoping the same thing....! Anything less than 81 but hoping for much less than that!!!
Delete