Monday, August 12, 2013

Rejected!!!!!!!

Never a good feeling.....wait what did I say yesterday?!?!?oh yeah.....the woman at the office did glance at our prints and said they look clear which means processing should be okay.

Luckily Keith's prints are fine and dandy AND we received his official letter today saying he is cleared by the FBI with no prior arrests. I know, I know...now you can all sleep easier tonight. However, both of my cards were rejected and I received an email this morning to tell me so.  Reason? “The quality of the characteristics is too low to be used”.  Seriously...why does everything need to be so complicated! And why are my fingerprints so horrible? I have had issues with fingerprinting in the past for other adoption clearances but since they were electronic it wasn't a huge deal, they just redid them until they were acceptable. :(

Since I had assessments until 3:30 today, I rushed home right away to print forms and called Keith at the same time.  I also called over to our placing agency and it turns out they are calling over to Korea tonight for whatever reason, so they are going to ask about our situation. So I will wait until I hear back from them to see what I need to do next. 

In happier news....after assessing a new student today...he walks away saying, "I LIKE HER!" Something any teacher would always love to hear.  Oh and I was also bowed to and farewell(ed?) in Korean by parents and their daughter today. :)) And I responded (simply and maybe not entirely correct [although I know I used the right good-bye]...how cool is that!

Off to go relax and catch up on a K-drama!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously that's so annoying about the finger prints!!!!! Love that the student said he liked you, in my world that's huge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your prints, hon. I hope you get it taken care of ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGHHH! Frickin' fingerprints! How frustrating for you. I have bad finger prints, too; fortunately I don't have to be finger printed on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete