I woke up feeling really hopeful this morning. School starts tomorrow and I have a work day today to give my classroom the final touches. So even though I am excited to begin another school year I am also feeling hopeful this is going to be the week! Wouldn't it be grand to get that phone call this week....EP approval....come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the last week of fingerprint hell, it feels good to wake up with that anxious/nervous/excited feeling in my tummy again. That feeling I have had all summer. Even though I feel crazy..it's a feeling I missed the last week...because it's a good thing.
To recap on the fingerprints, after being rejected....boo...we spoke with the our wonderful agency. They were working to help us in any way they could, which included writing a letter to the Ministry on our behalf explaining our situation. Our choice was to wait to see what the Ministry would say which Eastern told our agency the answer would probably be "no" and hear by maybe Friday or go ahead and do the fingerprints again in case the answer was no. Well, I chose the proactive choice. Go figure my free redo from Fremont police was a no go since they were closed. But after some calling around and chats online I was told by the FBI channeler office to try the Cupertino Sheriff's station. She heard they had the cards, where they do the electronic prints (which allows redos of bad prints while you are there) and prints it on the card. I called and was able to make an appointment the same day at 1 on the 13th. The woman who did my prints was great...patient and explained my fingerprints a bit to me. She also made a note on my card, that these were the best possible prints attainable. Oh and I also slept with vase.line all over my hands with gloves the night before....ew. But again, whatever it takes. I also wrote a note, per Estelle ( I think was the technician's name) explaining these were my second set of prints for resubmission. I had my prints in the mail later that afternoon and the waiting game began again. The So thankful, I received an email on Thursday saying I had something coming from Fed.Ex and I was really hopeful it was my clearance letter. I really don't know what I would have done if it wasn't. The good news.....FBI clearance letter received early Friday afternoon.....got an email saying the package was delivered and since I was at school, I called Keith. He checked soon after he got home. Tears of relief. Sent it electronically to our agency and they sent it over to Korea. We will send them the hard copies soon.
So you see...as far as I can see, there is no reason our son's paperwork should be held captive any longer. Please, please, please Ministry...please approve SeungHwan's EP this week. I will be the happiest woman alive.
Hope you all have a great Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment