Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Waiting and Showers

This is going to be a short post.  Unfortunately there is not much to report for our family.  We are waiting (again) for preliminary approval.  Even though we had court just under two weeks ago, we are anxiously awaiting this next big news.  The other three families we had court with, all received preliminary approval last week.  Actually they have had approval for almost a week...so their "two week" appeal period is about halfway through! So exciting!! We have been in very close contact with our placing agency since last Thursday. Love our social worker, in a time of high stress and much worry, she never makes me feel bad about calling. So thankful for her. Hoping we hear good news this week.  If we don't hear news tomorrow morning, our social worker will make another call to Korea tomorrow night. The "feeling" is that the hold-up is a paperwork issue...not exactly sure what that means, but hoping it isn't too bad.

To make the wait a little more fun...twinnie threw us a shower on Saturday the 12th...yes the same day we returned.  Fun to see and celebrate with family and close friends. I was also given a shower at work on Wednesday.  :) This little boy is a lucky little boy! Can't wait to dress him in some fun outfits and play with his new toys, and read new books. 

Please cross your fingers I have some great news to tell soon!!!!!!!!!!! :)

***QUICK UPDATE: We got a call early Thursday morning....we have preliminary approval!!!!!!!!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you- I just can't believe how close you are getting, the suspense is killing me, I can't imagine how on edge you are... Always waiting for that phone to ring!!!! Yay for showers! Surreal, huh? I remember sitting at my showers just thinking this is AMAZING, but is it REALLY for real?!? I hope the days are short between now and your next travel date!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I might just explode while we wait...some days are easier than others, but overall I am feeling pure joy. This all feels surreal in some ways....registering, having a shower (for me!!), finishing up his "nursery"....so crazy exciting. Hoping for good news in the near future!! oxo

      Delete