Sunday, December 2, 2012

Surpises are Always Wonderful!

Imagine my surprise when I checked my email at lunch recess and found one of those emails which always makes me heart leap for joy.....Pictures!  And a surprise set as well since we aren't expecting on until later this month.  We had sent a care package in October and he received it at his November checkup.  Yay! Funny because I had forgotten about it and had stopped wondering if we sent it in time awhile ago! I must say he looks pretty darn adorable in his vest (so glad it fits!) and I am sure he loved Claire's card. I hope Foster Mom enjoyed her Post-its as much as I love those sticky papers. Did you know they are made in the USA?  I have been thinking a lot lately on how we will be getting our update this month. So this completely made my day.

She wrote his name, her name and Paige's name inside.
The neat thing about these emails is we also get a mini update on his statistics.  He now has 16 teeth, weighs about 24.25 pounds, and is 32.74 inches tall.  He hasn't gained much weight since our last update and he looks (as always) so different to me.  His face is so adorable....I can't wait to give him oodles of snuggles!!


What's inside?

melt my heart

We also received a picture of his (practically) non-existent scar.  We are so thankful he is being taken of so lovingly and with great care.  And wow....it seems this boy has some length to his lashes!

Since my kids were in the room (I love you rainy day recess!), I shared some of the new pics with them.  I got lots of ooohhs and awes and "cute" comments.  I love how they call him "your baby" and know exactly where he is in the world...so sweet.  Here's the best comment...."He's so cute but he'd be even cuter if he had a hamster!"  Um....sure...I laughed so hard.  And I agree......cute little animals make EVERYTHING cute....why not throw in a hamster?!?

Looking forward to the next update and progress report. Crossing my fingers and sending all my good thoughts over to Korea so they can figure out the best way to handle the adoption process.  oxo.


6 comments:

  1. Love him!!!
    And the hamster comment still cracks me up!!!!!!
    This morning P wanted "I want to see my cousin" and I told her I only had one pic right now. P told me, "Auntie has lots of pictures to my cousin!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so beautiful :) Cute as hamster to the tenth power.

    ReplyDelete