Saturday, November 10, 2012

Excited

I am excited for many reasons.  Halloween is over and Keith has had an interesting season to say the least.  Surgeries and procedures....let's hope that's all done with! But with the stores being wrapped up, Keith and I get to start planning.  I have been saying for the past few months, once Halloween was over we could then start on SeungHwan's room.  It's almost time.

Time to start focusing and really putting together our ideas for his nursery.   Every soon-to-be parent dreams of setting up a nursery right? Well...it's our turn now!  Colors, carpet, rugs, crib and furniture.  Ooh and the decorations.  We need to put together our ideas which have been floating around in our heads the past few years. My temptation to join pint.erest is strong but I am holding off for as long as I can. The last thing I need now is another time suck!  I bought a quilt pattern for the Hangeul alphabet from Et.sy.  I want to start this project....but unfortunately my sewing machine broke sewing a Halloween costume and I need to take it in.  I'll need to remember to do that soon so I can have it serviced and ready to go for winter break.

Our little guy is now 17 months old.  We should get an update next month.  We now have just a few more updates until he comes home...hopefully at the most 4.  :0)

Did I tell you I asked Marsha (our social worker in AZ) more about our next steps?  She sent me their travel guide packet and I read all of it in one sitting. Keith read it when he came home. So neat to see a list of things we need to bring with us.  And super cool to see a list of suggested places...many of which we went to already and look forward to seeing again.  I am so looking forward to going back!  Read over some "what to expect" while at the agency and I must say it made me feel better just knowing a little more about what to expect.  What types of gifts to bring (and not bring) and what colors to wrap them in (or NOT wrap them in!!).  What we should expect at the airports.  I am sure we will get more information when the time comes, but I just really don't like not knowing.  So now, we know some of what's to come and it makes me feel better.

The sweetest thing....Paige asks to see her cousin's picture often and talks about him all the time!! So stinkin' cute, I love it.  Today she said..."I want to see my cousin" and she told Krista the other day "SeungHwan has two windows." hehehehe.  I love that he crosses her mind throughout the day, just like me. And I absolutely love how she says his name.

Korean class is going great! I made the coolest connection at class this week. When I met my foster mom, I noticed she added an /ee/ sound to the end of my name, so it sounded like Mee Jung-ee.  I wondered if it was equivalent to a term of endearment or like adding -san to the end of Japanese names (for respect).  Turns out, it was simply identifying me as the subject of the sentence!  I am so excited to be learning Korean, it's a good challenge for me!

Here's a famous children's song from the last two classes...Santoki.  This version only has one verse, but I like the animation.



Happy weekend everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait either!!! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how Paigey is so excited to have him here! They are going to be pals for sure! Can't wait to help with his room and especially for my turn to be Auntie! My girls are so lucky to have you for their Auntie and I am so grateful that you can step in for us at anytime and they have no concern with it! I think of him all the time too. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Peas in a pod!! Thanks Kris! Love you loads...and your family too!

      Delete