Friday, March 2, 2012

We have received our first update!

Hooray!! On Tuesday, we received an email which made our hearts so happy! Keith called me at work a minute (no joke!) before lunch recess was over to tell me we had received new pictures of our son!  Of course I did not have time to go check my email and had to wait until after my tutoring group was over after school!! I cried so many tears both happy and sad.  We were already so in love with his face and now we have some more pictures to add to our hearts which show some more of his expressions.  From what we can tell, the most recent picture was from December and he appears to be enjoying some tummy time! There are two pictures taken with his foster brother and it makes me so happy to see the love between the two of them and it breaks my heart at the same time to know that someday they will have to say goodbye. It makes me teary thinking of this, but I am so pleased our baby is loved by such a great big brother! We received an update as well where some developmental milestones were marked.

I have been wanting to tell my students about our adoption and my excitement could not be contained and so I shared my news first with my class! I wish I had a camera or a video to capture their sweet reaction and faces when I showed them our referral photos.  Lots of "awes" and :oohs" and I received a name suggestion...."How about Ryan?" of course named after said student. :0)  I was able to show them our new photos the next day.   It has been two days and my kids already reference "our baby" and have drawn pictures of me holding the baby or me and Mr. holding the baby. So very sweet.  A parent told me her son was talking about babies in their family and included our little guy, saying "Mr. & Mrs. Mc's baby is part of our family too" ....love is all around.

In other news on the adoption front.....the Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare will begin processing emigration permits (EP's) on Monday!!! So happy for the many families who have been waiting for their call, I hope they receive it very soon so they can bring their child home.

And without further ado....here are two pics.  Let me know if you would like to see the others as I will not be posting them here...we received five. :0)

=0)

Dear Baby Boy,
  You are loved so much already.
 oxoxox

16 comments:

  1. Such great news and what a sweet little face for you to dream about until he is home in your arms!!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we are loving the new photos!! So nice to see him in his home with his family! =0)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness...I got all teary-eyed thinking of your students drawing pictures for you guys. How friggin' adorable is THAT? Even more adorable is your precious son just waiting for you to go and get him. I'm so so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so very sweet! It reminds me of when my first niece was born...my class was so excited about it. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!!! oxo

      Delete
  3. OMG he is soooo beautiful! It must be so hard for you to see these pictures and not be able to snatch him up and hold him right this very minute. He looks so happy, healthy, and well cared for,though, that and must give you great peace of mind. I would love to see more pictures.

    The kids in your class are such sweethearts :) My boys turned six at the end of November, and I loooove this age. I'm so happy that you will be able to experience all this love with your own little boy very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS!!! But in the meantime I will just continue to stare at his photos over and over. :) I love that Korea uses foster families to care for many of their babies and I think it has always given me peace of mind. In fact, it makes me sad looking at the pictures with the two brothers....knowing they will have to say goodbye is going to be so heartbreaking! And this age is GREAT for so many reasons, I love my job!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh Kelli! He's soooooo cute!!! This is oh so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is sooooooooo adorable! I love the tongue picture!! I would love to see the other pictures you have too. :) Also, how cute is your class? So sweet. I love that one kid suggested his name. Too funny. I'm glad your little boy is in such a wonderful home and being well taken care of. He is so lucky that he has so many people (all over the world) love him so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was asked today about "Little McMaster" again...they are too funny and very sweet!! And you are right...he is loved in so many places already. Love ya~!

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to snuggle him! My little nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news :)) He's so adorable... must have been so magical to receive these photos and news about him :) Looking forward to seeing many more gorgeous photos and hearing all about him :) Love to you all xoxo

    ReplyDelete