Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Celebrations..

I have been horrible the last few months about posting!!

Recap of the big events: 

SeungHwan turned three on June 7th! 

We had our first camping trip!

We celebrated the Fourth of July with our new American citizen. 

We are potty training-ed (not going to jinx myself!)

Because I have been so awful...I will just write about the birthday celebration...because it was pretty darn fun.

Celebrating the first two years of our son's life without him home was always difficult and bittersweet. This year we were able to celebrate him home!! So amazing! We decided to do a "hiking" themed birthday party since that is something we like to do together. When thinking of a theme, I knew I wanted something he would pick if he could tell me. There were many options but I am so happy we decided on hiking. When SeungHwan saw his invitation he said "hiking!!!" which of course made me really happy because I knew it would be the perfect celebratory theme!

at Garin a month or so before...notice the water! 
One of the fun parts about party prep was collecting pine cones with the cousins.




We held the party Garin regional park which is not too far from home. I really wish it was still all lush and green but it was still perfect. What made it even more specials was the special guests- SeungHwan's foster mom and brother. :) We picked them up from the airport that day and it was a great and memorable week with them. We also held his party a week six days earlier than originally planned so they could come to his party. Keith and his Mom set up everything for the party-so awesome, while I was at the airport with my twinnie. We hiked with our friends & family, painted pots (which was part of the favor), bbqed and ate some great food, and played on the nearby field. The only major snag was that I completely forgot the cupcakes and had to zoom home to grab them. It was such a fabulous day and we couldn't have asked for better weather!! Loved it! These moments below were captured by my lovely and talented pal..thanks M!!  So thankful to my family and friends who were able to make it out. You made his first birthday home one to remember. 


love

3 comments: