I am going to be honest here. The last few months have been more than fabulous..I am so grateful to have my son home and to have celebrated my first Mother's Day with my child in my arms. Don't get me wrong. But I have also felt the challenge and frustration of adjusting to being a parent with a now almost three year old. This particular toddler is so bright and soo stubborn. Some days are harder than others and some days (or at least large chunks of the day) are so great I wish I could do a repeat the next day. There have been many tears by both the kid and this Omma. As I told my dad..."this parenting thing is no joke." But I am so happy to have this opportunity...it's a whole new experience for me. I am learning every day and am trying really hard and at times failing hard.
Six months have gone by quickly. I was looking through pictures today from Korea and it is crazy how some of the events I already had forgotten about. So much about our trip was such a blur and even though I will never forget "it" certainly details are. I am happy for this digital age. Lots of pictures...if only I were better about printing them.
This week is going to be busy...grad school work and preparations for SeungHwan's third birthday. Our first celebration with him home after celebrating the first two years without him here.
Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks.
He is soooo adorable. The parenting thing will get easier. When new parents bring their baby home from the hospital they get to grow into a unit together from the beginning. In this case, your son has had a head start :) In a little while you'll catch up, and it will all fall into place. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Chickenpig...and you're so right...I just need to remember this more often when things get tough!
DeleteThis warms my heart to see these photos. I'm so happy for you, and I totally empathize about time just flying by! Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle!
Delete