Monday, September 16, 2013

2+ Weeks & the "Last" Care Package

Friday was a bit of a bummer. After a week of madly checking my email in hopeful anticipation of court date news, I was left feeling really bummed we did not news this week.  And even though our social worker guessed around three weeks, many other families had received their court dates by two weeks. So of course, I was really hoping for that.  I had my disappointment cry on the drive home and again at home but then I also received a reality check.  It was like one of my IF moments, when as much as your pain sucks, there is always someone who is in a stickier situation. I'll admit that I sometimes get so wrapped up in my feelings I forget that.   There are other people whose EPs were approved on August 6th and they were submitted to court on the 9th and are still without a court date.  So again, I can't complain.  I'll just be hopeful that Monday and Tuesday bring great news.  Since there is a big holiday this week, Chuseok, there are many waiting families hoping for lots of movement at the beginning of the week. Crossing fingers!

We also sent off our "last" care package for SeungHwan.  I say last because we should be in the next group traveling for court from our agency, which is they way we are allowed to send gifts.  So technically, we should be able to deliver his next package in person!! Yay....!!!  It's still crazy to think I could be in Korea next month. Please, oh please!!!! I will do a post about his album next time.  I made him a little book about his house.

toothbrush/paste, snacks, shirt & shorts, album, toy & lip balm for Foster Mom
  I have been working hard on his room and am really excited how it is turning out. We were hanging some decorations the other night and I totally started crying.  It's such an emotional time, all these happenings of things I have been dreaming about.  I'll post more on his room when it is all "done".  A few more steps in the painting. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment