Sunday, June 2, 2013

Progress..!

So after my last post we waited and waited some more to hear more about our papers going into the government.  On the 14th of May we found out that while some of the families from the first group were submitted on the 13th, we (among others) were not for whatever reason.  They said they expected to be able to submit more families from the first group soon. So hard to be so close.  I was worried that "soon" might actually be longer as movement has been expected to be moving along "soon" since December/January!!  We also have found out we will most likely need to travel twice to bring him home.  Once for family court and once to bring him home.

But we got great news this week!! Yesterday, Keith was in San Jose to get his van serviced and was so kind to pick up and drop off some items for my class' popcorn party.  As he was about to take a picture of me and my students, he says "our paperwork went into the government."  Super calm and quiet and with a happy smile on his face.  I of course was so surprised and totally started happy tears.  I even said something to him about telling me right before pictures. Of course, he was there for only a short time and since I was working we couldn't have talked too long anyways...but it totally made my day.  I can't help but wonder what my reaction would have been had I not been in my work environment.  I think I remained quite calm!!  Apparently, he received a call from Marsha at 7:30 am, which means it went into the government on May 31st. No timeline yet, but hopefully we will have a better idea soon.  Looking forward to just planning something. I. cannot. wait!!

At lunch I called my twinnie and then was checking my email and saw an email from our agency with a paperwork processing update.  Wow.  All I can say is I have been waiting for this day for a long time.  I guess I never thought what it would feel like to read something, even though I knew it was already true. Reading something so wonderful only set my emotions off again.

Here is what I read.
pretty awesome right?!?



 I was able to share the news with my Mom since she was subbing in another classroom that day and came to visit after school was out.  Called my Dad and Joan on my way home. Such great news.

In other fantastic news, we finally received an update on our little guy on the 9th. So cool to finally hear what he's been up to.  December was a long time ago.  Here are some of the fun things. It's funny how some things don't change....he still doesn't love his hair being washed but enjoys his baths and he still loves his bug toys (this time we read it, not just saw it).  It sounds like he is a good eater and enjoys curry, soybean paste soup, fish, tofu, and eggs.  He also eats rice three times a day. We found out he also enjoys Yoplait (!), cheese, apples or bananas for a snack.  He is still working on his spoon skills.  SeungHwan is being potty trained and sleeps throughout most of the night.  He says some sentences and communicates well with his foster family. He likes toy insects and building blocks high.  He also gets excited when music is played and will try to follow dance routines. hehehe.   And my favorite part..."SeungHwan is a sweet and smart and lovely boy.  He is thriving in the care of his foster family." And the part that always makes me cry "We do hope that he will be placed in the loving care of his adoptive parents soon."

Here is the little cutie.  We received others with his sweet foster mom in them, so I won't post them here. So thankful for her obvious loving attention to him.  I can't wait to thank her in person.

안녕하세요?
 I wish we were holding him now and planning his 2nd birthday with a bang. Looking forward to celebrating him on Friday.  Sending my love far away always.







8 comments:

  1. Hooray for some awesome news!!!! So happy for you and praying that your wait is not too much longer :)
    He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you E!!! We are hopeful it isn't much longer as well! =0)

      Delete
  2. He is so stinking cute! What a sweet little face- I hope you are kissing those cheeks sooooooon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're making progress! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! So glad to hear things are moving closer to bringing him home. Thanks for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete