So the end of the school year came and went and I did better than I thought I would on the last day of school. Looping with 13 of my students was wonderful and I wish this was an opportunity which was more available. It made it hard to say "goodbye" for the summer and as I was getting their end of the year gifts ready, I was very teary looking at their pictures. As always, I got quite attached but more so this year. But don't worry, I'm better now...hehe! So we were out the 11th and I have been working in my classroom to get it ready for the beginning of next year. I am
hoping I won't be teaching....I am
hoping I will be either in Korea or home from Korea. That would be the best thing....travel during summer. I know my "plans" don't always seem to work out as I hope, but you never know..right? I have a few days more this week and my summer quarter just began for SCU yesterday. I just want some of the reorganizing done for next year.
We celebrated SeungHwan's second birthday on June 7th with some close friends and my twinnie's family. I totally forgot to take a picture with everyone, but we did go out to eat at a little Korean restaurant in town. We also got an ice cream cake to celebrate. We sang and celebrated our little guy so very far away....I cannot wait til next year. It was hard leading up to the birthday...I had built so many dreams of him being home. So. I can only imagine how special it will be to celebrate his birthday with him home. :0)
 |
| chocolate cake with mint chip ice cream....Coldstone goodness! |
 |
| birthday love |
We got three new pictures on the 11th, I was kinda expecting to see him with our birthday gift we sent. Not this month maybe they took them upon arrival (?), but we got a really clear photo of him. He was crying or had been crying and I wish I could be there to comfort him. But it's a nice one and he has a yummy treat, which I am planning on picking up next time I am at the Korean market. Need to try it and my new Korean teacher says she likes them too.
 |
| pouty face |
 |
| "Our future K-Pop star." Keith's text to me. |
|
|
|
|
 |
| birthday card, book, and bugs!!!! |
I am very happy to report there has been a lot of movement in the Korean adoption world. This is great because it directly affects us. We are still
patiently waiting (as much as humanly possible!!!!!) for our EP papers to come out of the government. They have been in there for 18.5 days (I'm counting a full 18 because it's tomorrow in Korea as I type!) so hopefully we hear some news very soon. I keep saying... I just want to plan something. I want to find a flight....and find a hotel or make arrangements with Eastern in Korea...and plan some trips. ahhhhhhh..................we can't wait...!!! So once our papers have been approved AND we get our court date....we will be the happiest of people. Honest we will. Because that means we will get to meet our son at least once and maybe twice!!!! I think in some ways it will be hard to meet him and then not bring him home, but I also think it will be helpful to meet him before he comes home. His foster mom can then talk to him about it and I hope it will make things a little less scary.
Recently, families from our agency and from other agencies are traveling for family court and then back again to bring their little ones home. It's so exciting and to hear little bits and pieces of their experiences. I am so excited to return to Korea.
Keith and I also received our notification that our biometrics (fingerprints..which expired this month) were approved. We had an appointment on May 28th at 10am in Oakland. It wasn't raining like last time, but it was a cloudy day. The best part was that my fingerprints cooperated this time and it was quick and easy. The previous two times I had fingerprints done for our initial paperwork and first USCIS appointment my fingerprints weren't readable.
 |
| clouds in Oakland |
I forgot to add something last time....Korea has joined in with the Hague Convention. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the future. You can check out an article
here if you are interested. For now, if anything, we may need to sign/notarize. etc, some more paperwork but haven't heard anything yet.
So in the coming weeks...it's time to work on the "nursery" and really start to get it ready. Keep starting and that goes in waves for me. Carpet is being replaced first (thank you buns..) and then I guess the putting together can begin. Hopefully, we will have some other planing to do along with putting SeungHwan's room into place. =0)
Oh my! He is so adorable Kelli! I hope you get to visit him soon! Thanks for the update - I enjoy catching up with you! Happy summer!
ReplyDeleteThanks LC!!! Believe me..I hope so too. That will be a very special day. Happy Summer to you! =0)
DeleteI hope you get some more great news soon. He's adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks M...!! Me too!
Delete