We received our second update on April 10. (I know, I know...!). This was actually a surprise for me since I wasn't "expecting" an update til the following week. I thought it would come towards the end of the month. So as I am on my way to Las Vegas with my best girls and of course checked my phone and lo and behold what did I see in my inbox?!?! Three new pictures and an update which I wasn't able to view until I came home since the document was scanned upside down which made for difficult reading on a phone. This trip was my initial lateness in posting, but my spring break was a blast so I wasn't too upset.
My first reaction was how crazy big our guy now looks. I guess when our most recent photo from the last update was dated December, lots of changes happen when you aren't seeing them every day. Here are two of the three photos we received. Our best guess is that these photos were taken at the agency. They appear to be of him receiving our first care package. I hope he likes his Dumbo!
![]() |
| Chocolate for Foster Mom and Dumbo for SeungHwan! |
![]() | |
| =0) |
My unexpected emotions comes from the sadness of not being there or getting to hold him. And as happy as I am to receive updates and pictures it just makes the truth more transparent... how difficult it is to have patience (my favorite "p" word in my classroom"). But I am trying hard not to complain or sound like I am complaining. We knew this was going to be a long wait and now it may be a little longer than originally anticipated. In the end, I am okay with it, I just think I had no idea how hard this would really be.
Our next update should come sometime next month. Hopefully it comes before the end of the month. Keith and I have booked our Korea and Japan Adventure tickets. We will be leaving on June 28th and returning home on July 17th. I am beyond excited for the trip. This will be a great chance to learn about Korea first hand and we will also be traveling to Japan. I am thankful to be able to have the time to take such a long trip. I am also thankful to have earned enough money selling PartyL.ite to pay for more than half of our airfare. I am working hard to pay for the rest. Keith has been busy locksmithing and we are comfortable with our trip decisions. An opportunity to take such a trip won't come up again for a long time, so we are taking advantage. The next few weeks will be filled with much trip planning. Any suggestions of places to see, please send them our way. Whoohoo!
While in Korea, I will be able to visit the adoption agency Krista and I came from. It is also in Seoul and I contacted them last week. When I visit, I will be able to open my adoption file. I am curious if I will learn anything new about my family. I wish Krista were able to come with me, but unfortunately she cannot. Our trip back next year will not be this kind of "homecoming" trip...but a different kind of homecoming.
In other news, our downstairs flooring remodel is on it's way. New porcelain tile and bamboo floor on all downstairs flooring. Good bye ugly linoleum, hello beautifulness~! I'll post pictures when we are done.
Thinking of you little guy.


He's so adorably cute :) Waiting must be so so hard... sorry to hear that you have to wait longer :( Thinking of you xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks! The process is moving along in Korea right now. The third batch of Ep's have gone into the government, the last two have included one family from our agency each time. My hope of having him home in Spring of next year is waning (which was me being super hopeful), but our wait time was 18 months. We shall see!
DeleteThe wait must be sooo hard. He is absolutely adorable!!! Do you and your husband speak Korean?
ReplyDeleteI am so envious of you. I have always wanted to visit Japan, and I hear Korea is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful time and take LOTS of pictures :)
Thanks! and we don't...although I am trying to learn Korean....it's a little tricky for sure! I can't wait, I have never been to Japan or back to Korea so it should be wonderful. We will definitely take a bunch of photos!
DeleteHe is adorable! How old is he now?
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how very hard it is to have to wait - and to know that you will have to wait even longer :(
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Thinking of you and praying for patience (and for time to FLY by!!!) :)
Hi E! He will be 11 months on Monday!! I am trying so hard to be patient, so I appreciate the good thoughts. Honestly, life moves forward and I keep busy so time is moving right along. I just want to fast forward to this time next year!!! ;0)
DeleteHe is so cute! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to wait.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great trip to Korea and Japan. I've been to Korea several times and once to Japan. Just a word of warning...Korea is very hot and humid and downright gross during the summer, but I know you'll have a blast because it's also very fun!
Thanks Sooz! I'll have to check in with you about places to see in Korea. I don't know too many folks who have ever been. I have heard about the gross heat factor (which I am not looking forward to exactly) but it's just too exciting to worry about that right now! I am sure I will miss the California weather as I am stick to every surface I touch!
DeleteI am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your trip. You are going to have such a fabulous time. Also, as I have said many times before, your little boy is soooo adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Elisa! Looking forward to seeing you soon over my vacation! Miss you!
ReplyDelete