Here we are...almost at three months home (edit...now just over three months...posts are getting trickier and trickier to finish!). Things have been busy for everyone and I would like to think that we are getting closer to finding whatever our new normal is each day. I finally made the big decision to stay home for the rest of the school year. We desperately need the time in every way. Bringing home a two and a half year old is tough and the adjustments we are making as a family are crucial. If I were heading back to work in just a few weeks time, I am fairly positive I would be stressed to the max and feeling extremely guilty. The guilt I felt about not returning to work has subsided and I am more than thrilled to have this extra time to bond with my son.
SeungHwan is amazing and such a smart cookie (yes, of course I am biased). His new things are finding triangles...randomly and all on his own. His most recent thing (as in the last three days or so) is the alphabet. We bought him a Pororo ABC book in Korea and have recently brought it out. He has caught on quickly to the tune, no surprise "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" was his favorite song in Korea. BUT we giggle because he is in love with the "W, X, Y, and Z" part. Why you ask?? Because another favorite from Korea is 또봇...which are cars with letter names such as.... 또봇X. I also think this one in particular is his favorite. He picked a toy in Korea similar to one he already had. Yesterday at the post office he found a W. It's interesting to see him look for letters and find some.
A few fun facts and *things* about SeungHwan and his parents...
- playing "Superman" is so much fun
- hair washing is still not the most favorite thing
- this 엄마 has given a trim a few times too....crazy...never thought I would
- imaginative play is happening more and more (in Korean and English!)
- SeungHwan will acknowledge the kabocha I put in his 누룽지 and happily eat it (no detecting the cauliflower)
- survived his first visit to the dentist....only to go back 6 days later with a chipped tooth...trau-ma-tic
- someone still loves nuts
- interested in the toilet at times..and has even used it a few times!
- loves, loves reading books (and acting them out)
- the doctor kit from Auntie Lois has become a current favorite
- the parentals have even slept in their own bed a few times recently...not saying more than that right now...I'll jinx it
- we attended a birthday party for a friend
- we received SeungHwan's certificate of citizenship in the mail
We
met some more family and friends this past month. SeungHwan is enjoying
meeting everyone. We received a membership to an awesome Children's museum and
have enjoyed playing there a few times already. We also went to a local
historical farm and the beach for the first time this past week. Fun
times.
Here are some pics of the little monkey.
 |
| planting new flowers |
 |
| kimchi! |
 |
| yay...milking a cow....! |
 |
| painting with water |
 |
| next to 또봇R...so cool! |
 |
| chillaxin in Capitola |
I love that you're able to be home for the rest of the school year! I can imagine this being a pivotal time in bonding with your guy, and being able to be with him is awesome! Enjoy! He sure us a cute little guy!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!!! :)
DeleteI love the updates! He is such a cutie!
ReplyDelete:)
Delete