Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas

To be completely honest with you the last few Christmases have been hard. Hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you are waiting for a little one to spend the holidays with. This is such a special time of year, but for people with holes in their hearts it can hurt. So this Christmas I am thankful that my heart feels full for the first time in a long time. I am thinking of my loved ones who are no longer with us and of my friends and family who are waiting for their hearts to feel complete full too. 

This year Christmas looks like: Christmas lights, "Jingle Bells", and Santa Haraboji.  SeungHwan is slightly interested in gifts and the food is less than thrilling to him.  I am sure next year may feel very different as each year will and should. 

So thankful my Twinnie happens to be hosting both Christmas Eve and day. SeungHwan loves coming to their home and is comfortable there. You can imagine how surprised he was when almost all of the family was there and their home was full. He did great and played with his cousins and hung out with family. He was definitely most comfortable in my arms. We left late and got home about 9:30 and he was out by 9:45 at the latest. He slept almost all night with the exception of an early morning cuddle and a few wake ups but all in his bed. Yup that's right...day #6!! 
As I rubbed his tummy and tucked him in I started singing our nightime song and he joined me with his sweet little voice. I got a little teary. Such a special gift. And once again I thought to myself that all I wanted for Christmas is right here with me.  

Four weeks home today...Christmas.



1 comment: